Monday, August 16, 2010

If You Lost It All…

I wanted to introduce you all to two dear people who are incredible living illustrations of joy and hope in their Lord in the midst of physical suffering far greater than I have known. Erin Leach has suffered from epilepsy for the past seven years, and John Spiro suffers from ALS and has daily watched his ability to live a "normal" life slip away with each passing day. If you have not already watched these testimonies please take a few moments to do so. And if you already have, I'd encourage you to do so again. It will remind you of what lasts and matters eternally and give you perspective and joy for the trials you may face today.

Their unshakeable faith, enduring hope, and deep trust in God's perfect wisdom and steadfast love has challenged me immensely. As you listen, watch for the joy and hope that shines forth from their faces and overflows from their hearts. And pray that God would continue to uphold and encourage their hearts.

If I lost it all
Would my hands stay lifted
To the God who gives and takes away

If You take it all
This life You've given
Still my heart will sing to You

When my life is not what I expected
The plans I made have failed
When there's nothing left to steal me away
Will You be enough for me?
Will my broken heart still sing?

- Kutless

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog