Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Streams of Mercy Never Ceasing…

…call for songs of loudest praise. This line from the old hymn, "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing," has been running through my head as I contemplate all the Lord is doing. He has constantly been at work to provide and care for me in so many ways. I am going to do my best to give you all a summary.

Last week, I had my first session of acupuncture with good results. The primary benefits I noticed were increased motility within my GI system and improved sleep that night. My acupuncturist especially hopes the treatment will stimulate the strengthening of my immune system. It looks like I'm going to continue with a few more sessions to see how my body responds, and I actually just returned from my second session this afternoon.

God is continuing to "turn the darkness before [me] into light." This past Monday I saw a new doctor who has a good deal of confidence that I will see significant improvement through my treatment with him. With each of these steps, I perceive the kindness of the Lord and can see His hand leading, providing, and guiding. Regarding Dartmouth, I am still waiting to hear back from the doctor there. He has my medical records and upon reviewing them, will determine whether he can squeeze me into his packed schedule before the fall. Apparently, he receives hundreds of requests like mine, and it does take some time to sort through them all. My dad is also looking into the Mayo Clinic.

Prayer Requests:

  • For physical strength as I begin a new treatment. I've been told to expect that my symptoms may worsen significantly following the first week and then begin to level out and improve somewhere around the end of the second/beginning of the third week.
  • For healing from a virus/sinus infection I came down with yesterday.
  • For continued guidance and wisdom from the Lord regarding my nutrition, supplements, schedule, etc.
  • For my joy and faith to increase daily that I might be a blessing to others and know and do God's will during this season.
  • For my brother, Nathan, who continues to endure severe seizures, sometimes on a daily basis.

Thank you all again. I can't stop saying it. You are incredibly kind to pray for me. I know it is not easy to keep walking alongside of those with chronic health conditions because their situation does not typically change overnight, yet you all continue to do this for me. I cannot tell you how grateful I am.

As God continues to bring together various pieces of the puzzle, greater clarity is emerging, but the ability to restore proper function and healing to my body rests in His hands. He is so wise, and He alone, as Nathan's nurse likes to remind me, is "the Master Doctor." We can trust Him as I continue to walk out the things that have been given me to do. Thank you for being such faithful friends.

When you stop trying to control your life and instead allow your anxieties and problems to bring you to God in prayer, you shift from worry to watching. You watch God weave His patterns in the story of your life. Instead of trying to be out front, designing your life, you realize you are inside God's drama. As you wait, you begin to see Him work, and your life begins to sparkle with wonder. – Paul Miller

5 comments:

  1. Charissa,
    As you mentioned in your post, please continue to watch as God cares and uplifts you. We are here praying that God just takes care of you right now. I love you, Girl!
    Latika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charissa, I love your faith...it is beautiful to the Lord! Praying for you, dear. Where did you get the quote?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charissa, you are SUCH a blessing. You have no idea (and probably never will till heaven) how much your faith and joy throughout this whole trial is glorifying God. Keep running the race. He's right there with you and as you very well know you have an army of people praying for you. Love you tons! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charissa, this is one of your Dad's friends from Oklahoma, Randy Hughes. We have visited in you guy's home a couple of times. Your Dad told us about your situation and we are joining with you and the Body there in prayer for the requests you mentioned. Lot's of love to you from our family-Randy, Margaret, Zach, Brianna, Abigail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your encouraging words, prayers, and care. It means SO much to me. I am humbled to know people like each of you!

    Mindy, the quote came from Paul Miller's, A Praying Life, which has to be in my top five books list now. Amazing, amazing book.

    Mr. Hughes, thank you and your family for praying for me. It is wonderful to hear from you all. I do remember you visiting my family in years past. Come visit us again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog