Monday, August 16, 2010

Light and Momentary

"So we do NOT lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being RENEWED day by day. For this LIGHT MOMENTARY affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of GLORY beyond ALL comparison, as we look NOT to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are TRANSIENT, but the things that are unseen are ETERNAL." – 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

What precious words of hope these are! Our afflictions here are but "light" and "momentary" ones when held next to the incredible "weight of glory" that awaits us in eternity. How amazing it is to be a child of God, to belong to Him, and to know that His sacrifice

Thank you all for being patient with me in the face of how infrequent my updates have been. I continue to feel your prayers and am excited to share some praise reports with you!

  • The virus I was fighting is almost gone. I only have minor lingering congestion which is on its way out and no signs of a secondary infection. Praise God!
  • Nathan has had fewer seizures since you began praying.
  • My weight remains stable.
  • My symptoms have worsened over the past few days just as my doctor told me they could which is a good sign that my treatment is having a good effect.
  • Acupuncture and PT continues to go well.

Prayer Requests:

  • For endurance and strength as I press through the intensification period of these symptoms.
  • For my faith and joy to abound in the love of my Savior.
  • For wisdom for my nutritionist and my doctors.
  • For strength for my family as they care so faithfully for me each day.

I am so grateful to God for each one of you. Keep looking at Him. He is ever faithful to us.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog