Saturday, September 4, 2010

Prayer Request

Hello friends,

I'm sorry to keep you in the dark for so long. I haven't been feeling as well of late, and it has been difficult to do updates.

My parents and I are going down to Georgetown Hospital this morning so I can be evaluated for potential nutritional support. The possibilities include TPN or a feeding tube, but the latter will likely require some additional testing be arranged first. You can pray that God would guide us through the right doctors and nurses (even in the ER), the right nutritional support, protect against infection, and give me grace and strength to go through any procedures and treatment.

I am functioning fine mentally, am still eating and drinking, and am not dehydrated. My last bloodwork from a week and half ago looks good, but I just haven't been able to get my weight to stabilize, and we don't know that waiting through the holiday weekend is best.

I have heard from so many of you that you are praying for me, and most of you didn't even know how I've really been doing. I have felt those prayers in incredible ways. I cannot thank you enough!

We will keep you updated via this blog, and I look forward to sharing with you all of the faithfulness of our great God in the days ahead.

I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living! Wait for the Lord; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the Lord! - Psalm 27:14-15

You are a hiding place for me; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with shouts of deliverance. - Psalm 32:7

1 comment:

  1. charissa - please don't hesitate to call my mom again if you and/or your family would like any advice or guidance on tube feeding or IV nutrition. that's her specialty. facebook me for her number. you're such a trooper - hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog