Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Procedure at 12:30 Today

Dear friends,

Thank you for your prayers yesterday. The doctor recommended that I go ahead with reinserting my J-tube today, so I am leaving shortly to head to Hopkins for the 12:30 procedure. This is not the way I would choose, and when I look at the steps ahead I feel blind, unable to see the way through. Yet once again I am reminded of the verse at the top of this blog, "And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know..." (Isaiah 42:16). He is the One who knows. I can't put the pieces of this puzzle together but He can and is even now doing it. I am also reminded of the verse on this blog that says, "Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 16:9).

So grateful for your prayers that He uses to carry me. Yesterday was an incredibly difficult day, but He was faithful, and as long as I have breath in this body I want to praise Him. Thank you for praying for peace today as I go under for the tube placement and then move back to adjusting to tube feeding and continuing to press ahead with taking in food and drinking. My symptoms have grown increasingly confusing and scary, but my God has never changed. (And it is amazing to see how He has not only sustained my life but has enabled me to gain weight and progress in ways it can be easy to overlook in the midst of pain!)

Love you all and am constantly amazed at the depth of care I receive from each of you. Your kindness is a reflection of our God's kindness, for He continues to display His care through each of you even when it is hard to see Him through the fog of pain and symptoms. Thank you. May you know His pleasure today as you remember the effect of every prayer. So grateful!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Surely God is my help; the Lord is the One Who sustains me. - Psalm 54:4

As for me, I call to God, and the Lord saves me. Evening, morning and noon I cry out in distress, and He hears my voice. 
Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous be shaken. -Psalm 56:16-17, 22 

I will praise You, Lord, among the nations; I will sing of You among the peoples. For great is Your love, reaching to the heavens; Your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be over all the earth. - Psalm 57:9-11

3 comments:

  1. Charissa he uses you to teach me so much about dealing with life. To go through what you are going through and glorify God in the process says so much about your character and love. I hope you have found ways to deal with the pain and I pray that you have unexplained peace and hope for your future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charissa,

    I am continually thinking of and praying for you from Houston. Thank you for your example of joy and unwavering trust in the Lord. May you find new strength and peace today!

    Jen Farlow (Hoffman)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog