Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hopkins Tomorrow

Hello friends - this is going to be brief for which I apologize (it's been hard to write lately but when I can, I will). Tomorrow, my parents and I have a 12:30 follow-up appointment with my doctor at Hopkins. We continue to need the Lord's help and wisdom and trust He will lead, provide, and uphold as He has faithfully done each step of the way. I am so very grateful for your prayers. My symptoms continue to be intense and difficult to cope with, but in each moment, He never forsakes me. How grateful I am that this does not change according to how I feel but remains true because of who He IS.

This quote, sent by a dear friend, has blessed me so much in recent days:

Times of adversity are seasonable times to trust in God. When we have no bread to eat, or water to drink, but only afflictions and astonishments, this is a time not for over-grieving, murmuring, sinking, desponding, despairing, but for trusting. In a tempest a believer must cast his anchor upward. Trust is a believer's choicest antidote against fainting, swooning, and sinking...Amidst all storms, winds, and tempests, yea, in a hurricane of sorrow and misery, faith knows where and how to cast anchor. “Let not your hearts be troubled” (John 14:1)...God has extraordinary means to bear us up when ordinary ones fail. He can turn poisons into antidotes, hindrances into furtherances, and destructions into deliverances. The ravens give Elijah food. A whale becomes Jonah's ship, and pilot too. An Almighty God can work without means. God often brings His people into such a condition that they do not know what to do. He does this that they might know what He can do. God is with His people at all times, but He is most sweetly with them in the worst of times. - Thomas Lye
Thanking Him afresh for each of you tonight and asking the Lord to once more "turn the darkness before me into light."

Charissa


"Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him. Truly He is my Rock and my Salvation; He is my Fortress, I will never be shaken." - Psalm 62:1-2


1 comment:

  1. Praying that you'll know and experience how tightly He is holding on to you... no matter how strong or weak your grip on Him.

    Love.
    Abbi

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog