Monday, June 10, 2013

Home Again

Dear friends,
I am looking forward to sharing with you all the things I experienced and learned over the past four weeks in Arizona. Thank you for your patience with me. Understandably, everyone wants to know what the doctors at Mayo had to say and if they found anything new. Your care and support over this long journey mean more than words can say.

There is much to pray over as I seek to find the way forward. In all honesty, I have not yet been able to go over all my doctors reports or share details with my family. I need some time to process things and determine where to go from here. So, if you see me and want to know all the details I may not be quite up to sharing it all just yet, but please know how grateful I am. Your prayers have helped carry me through this past month.

If you want a brief summary then here it is: Mayo was not able to find anything dramatically new or necessarily "breakthrough material," but I didn't necessarily expect that to happen either. They found some neuropathy in my autonomic nervous system, allergies, and most significantly, a severe dysmotility of the small intestine. I will try to put together a more detailed update as soon as I can.

In the meantime, your prayers for endurance, wisdom, grace for transitioning, and more would be much appreciated. The same God Who provided for my time in Arizona is the same God Who will provide for every step to come. Thank you for helping me press on.

It is better to take refuge in the Lord
than to trust in humans.
I will not die but live,
and will proclaim what the Lord has done. - Psalm 118:8, 17

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog