Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Procedure Tomorrow

Hello friends,

God was so faithful today. Thank you for your prayers. My parents and I headed up to Hopkins at 7am and made it there in time for my fluoroscopy at 9am. The study didn't take very long, and it confirmed that the j-tube is in the wrong location - my stomach and not my jejeunum. :) This explains in part the increased amount of stomach pain and symptoms over the past few weeks. 

We met with my doctor, and he scheduled me for a 2pm procedure tomorrow to have the tube repositioned. He plans to fasten it in this time so that it doesn't pull back up at any point. He also agreed to start me back on TPN for the time being while I also continue to use the j-tube (for more details, see the post prior to this one). I got home just in time to hop back into another car and make it to the second half of my PT appointment in Frederick. Then I was able to spend some time doing errands with a few friends.

As I mentioned in my blog post yesterday, the path ahead isn't completely clear or encouraging, but I have so much to be thankful for - in particular, a gracious God who gave me the strength to get through today and provided clarity on the next steps to take. I have been greatly encouraged hearing about all those who continue to pray for me, especially at the times I am most discouraged or just don't want to keep fighting. He always knows what I need.

Thank you all for praying for my procedure tomorrow. I arrive at 12:30, and it should take place at 2pm. It should be fairly simple, but I never enjoy going under. I am sure that He will carry me through once again. Didn't get too much sleep last night, so hopefully, tonight will be a bit better.

I am going to need much perseverance and strength to return to TPN while also trying to work on the GAPS diet through my j-tube, but there is always hope in Jesus.

Love you all.
------------------------
"Be still and know that I am God." - Psalm 46:10








No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog