Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Brief Update

Hello, dear friends!

I know it's about time for a more lengthy update, but I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you for your continued prayers and let you know about a few new hurdles I'm facing. In recent weeks, it has become clearer that some of my pain, discomfort, and difficulty with digestion and eating is related to the hiatal hernia I've had for at least several years. I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but since the pain and discomfort has increased in recent days I am looking into the possibility of treatment options. Tomorrow I plan to ask my PT for any thoughts he may have on the situation. Could you pray that God would give wisdom and/or heal this situation? In the past, it was mainly a small issue, but it has definitely grown more difficult to tolerate in recent days.

At the same time, I was reminded just yesterday at the incredible amount of grace I am continually given. There are people who feel so much worse than I do and yet press on with joy, serving their Lord and loving their families and friends. I don't want to lose sight of the amazing grace God pours out on me each and every day. I am a recipient of incredible mercy. Christ has taken all the punishment I deserve for the countless sins I daily commit against Him and others. Instead of consigning me to eternal separation from Him and all that is good, beautiful, and right, He has made me His own child and welcomed me into His family. This is only because of Jesus. This is why I can have help to press on each day.

Well, the title of this post included the word "brief," but those of you who know me have learned that doesn't mean too much by now. I do hope to share more with you all in the days ahead, but for now I will wrap up. Thank you for praying for me. God continues to answer your prayers. The fight for faith can be hard at times, but it is in the most difficult moments that your prayers give me help to take another step forward. Thank you!

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. - Isaiah 26:3-4

2 comments:

  1. We love and continue to pray for you, Charissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Charissa. I am praying for you and am provoked by your example of always giving God glory in the midst of your trials. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog