Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Hopkins Tomorrow

Hi dear friends-
This is going to be brief, but I thought you would want to know that I have a 1:30 appointment with my doctor tomorrow (actually today since it's after midnight) at Hopkins. This will be the first time I've seen him since last fall. I will be updating him on my present condition and hearing what tests he would like to run and how he would see me proceeding from here. I would be so grateful for your prayers, as my parents and I need much wisdom. Here are ways you can pray:
  • Clear communication and the ability to explain my symptoms and current situation.
  • Wisdom for both the doctor and us regarding how to proceed from here in so many areas including testing, eating, and other details. We are also not sure whether to stay with him or to consider a doctor at Georgetown whom we saw for a second opinion.
  • Peace and rest in the Lord's care and control.
  • Sleep tonight and grace to press through my symptoms tomorrow. Have been feeling so bad today and also feel like I'm coming down with a virus or possibly strep. 
  • That God would bring healing in His perfect time and display His power and glory in keeping me in the meantime.
  • Hope, greater faith, and joy in praising Him while I wait. He is worthy of it at all times!
  • For His truth to renew my mind and guard my thoughts, keeping me from fear.
Thank you all so much for your prayers. Since I last posted, I have been able to eat numerous times but my body is having difficulty processing, digesting, and swallowing. I need to persevere in this area as well as with drinking but it can be so difficult. God has been so good to help me through your prayers.

I look forward to sharing with you how He answers once again! Thank you for helping me fight onward and cling to the One Who holds onto me even when I cannot. So grateful. 

My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,  
but God remains the strength of my heart;
He is mine forever. - Psalm 73:26


5 comments:

  1. Your strength inspires me, I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, the doctors, and your family also. Thank you for keeping us informed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am for sure praying! We miss you and your smile here at Wheaton.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charissa count on with our prayers. A huge hug from Peru!!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog