Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thank You for Praying

Hello friends,

Thank you for praying for me. Over the past few weeks, God has enabled me to increase the flow rate of my tube feeding (allowing more calories to be taken in), and I have managed to tolerate the higher flow, despite the difficult symptoms that come. I have also been able to sip tiny amounts of water over the past few days. Neither have come easy, but these are both answers to your prayers!

The battle to endure continues to be quite difficult, but God is my Keeper, and He has never failed me yet. As I wrestle through the daily struggles, something I recently read by Joni Eareckson Tada has been a great help, and I want to share it with you:
"God permits what He hates to accomplish what He loves." I can smile knowing God is accomplishing what He loves in my life - Christ in me, the hope of glory. And this is no Plan B for my life, but His good and loving Plan A.
I can rest in knowing that none of this is a mistake. God is allowing it all for my good, and He is forming Christ in me, even when I cannot see it. He is so much wiser than me.

Thank you all for your prayers. I cannot tell you how MUCH they are sustaining me. I have seen a direct correlation between moments of barely functioning, followed by a period of dramatic improvement, and then hearing that friends had been praying at that exact time. Don't grow weary, for He is using your prayers to carry me through! How desperately I need Him, and how grateful I am that He has given me such friends as each of you.

I will do my best to update more once I have details regarding the doctor's appointment, etc.

"And now, O Lord, for what do I wait? My hope is in You." - Psalm 39:7

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog