Monday, May 23, 2011

New Prayer Request & Quick Update

Hello friends,

Thank you so much for your prayers. Just wanted to post a quick update, as I’m not able to go into a full one right now. Pressing through in getting the daily nutrition necessary to make progress has definitely been more challenging lately, but God has been so incredibly faithful in the midst of it all. Time and time again, I have seen Him help me get in food when it seemed impossible, and He continues to carry me.

God has recently opened up an opportunity for me to see a new GI doctor. Though I am not necessarily expecting this to bring about significant new changes in treatment, answers, etc., God has opened this door through a friend, and I believe it would be wisdom and faith to see what He may have for me in it. My appointment is at 11:15 a.m. tomorrow morning.

Today, I need to work on updating medical history/records and notes and would be grateful for prayer that God would give clear and simple direction to me and my dad as we put these things together. I know that the Lord is able to highlight the things He wants shared tomorrow, and I need not strive and take on too much. I also need to continue to eat and persevere.

1 Corinthians 14:33 says, “For God is NOT a God of confusion but of peace….” The many voices of knowledge, counsel, symptoms, and potential answers can be deafening at times, but we serve a God Who does not bring confusion but peace. Would you join with me in asking Him to make that a living reality both today and tomorrow? He knows what He is doing.

Thank you, dear friends!

Even for temporal mercies you may wait upon God, for He careth for His children in these temporary concerns. As for spiritual necessities, which are the heaviest of all, the Lord will hear your cry and will deliver you and supply you.

O poor friend, try your rich God. O helpless one, lean on His help. He has never failed me, and I am sure He will never fail you. Come as a beggar, and God will not refuse you help. Come with no plea but His grace. Jesus is King; will He let you perish of wants What! Did you forget this? - Spurgeon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog