Friday, January 18, 2013

January 18, 2013 Update

Dear friends, 

I made it. Once again, God was more than faithful. I went downstairs around 11:45 and went under around 1:30 and remember waking up around 3:30. It went well, and they were able to take several biopsies, and I now have a new tube. They wanted to start me on feedings this afternoon, but I was feeling so out of it that I requested to start tomorrow morning. They're scheduled to begin at 10am, and that would be a great time to pray, since this will be my first attempt since last August. I have a small sore throat, stomach pain, and exhaustion/foggy-head, but nothing like some of the previous times, and these symptoms are so small compared with my other ongoing ones, so I am grateful.

Tomorrow, there is also a chance that the PICC team will be able to put in my line but there's no way to know right now. If they do, I could end up being released but if not, I'll be here until Monday or so...guess, I'll have to watch the Ravens play. :)

Anyway, I would write more, but it's already getting late, and I want to call my sister. I was so blessed by a visit from Tiffany this afternoon, and she brought me a new little friend, a stuffed panda, and we watched a Tinkerbell movie together.

The road ahead is shrouded in mist and darkness but it is fully known to my Savior. I am so grateful that He walked this road ahead of me and will not leave me here to walk it alone now. Remind me of that when I forget.

Love you all and cannot thank you enough for each and every prayer and verse!

This is still my prayer and hope:

"I waited patiently for the Lord;
He turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
out of the mud and mire;
He set my feet on a rock
and gave me a firm place to stand.
He put a new song in my mouth,
a hymn of praise to our God." - Psalm 40:1-3

He carried me through this, and one day, He will lift me out completely. The same can be true for you if you trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog